WASHINGTON, Jan. 20 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. forces seized a seventh oil tanker allegedly related to Venezuela in the Caribbean on Tuesday morning, the U.S. Southern Command said on X.
"This morning, U.S. military forces, in support of the Department of Homeland Security, apprehended Motor Vessel Sagitta without incident," the command said in a statement.
The command claimed that the tanker was "operating in defiance of President Trump's established quarantine of sanctioned vessels in the Caribbean."
U.S. Energy Secretary Chris Wright said earlier this month that the United States will not only market stored oil in Venezuela but also control the sales of oil output from the country indefinitely.
U.S. President Donald Trump ordered "a total and complete blockade" of all sanctioned oil tankers going into and out of Venezuela in mid-December, days after the U.S. forces seized the first oil tanker linked with the oil-rich South American nation. ■
Various festive events held across China to celebrate upcoming Chinese New Year
Hit epic drama sparks interest in lesser-studied chapter of ancient Chinese history
Lanterns hoisted to mark upcoming Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
"In-train fair" launched in NE China's Heilongjiang amid Spring Festival travel rush
点击右上角
微信好友
朋友圈

请使用浏览器分享功能进行分享
