UNITED NATIONS, Nov. 25 (Xinhua) -- The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) has recorded 106 Israeli air strikes in southern Lebanon since the cessation of hostilities was announced on Nov. 27 last year, a UN spokesperson said Tuesday.
Stephane Dujarric, spokesperson for the UN secretary-general, told a daily briefing that the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights has warned that almost a year since the cessation of hostilities between Lebanon and Israel, attacks by the Israel Defense Forces continue on Lebanon, causing civilian deaths and destruction, alongside worrying threats of wider violence.
Just last Saturday, UNIFIL peacekeepers observed four Israeli air strikes in three locations in the mission's area of operation in southern Lebanon, all in Sector East, he said.
"Such strikes are in violation, not only of Lebanese territorial sovereignty, but of Security Council resolution 1701 as well," said the spokesperson, calling on all parties to uphold their ceasefire obligations in good faith.
Peacekeepers also discovered multiple items of unexploded ordnance, including mortar and artillery shells, and a rocket, in Sector West and in Sector East, which were all referred to the Lebanese Army for disposal, he said.
UNIFIL peacekeepers have discovered more than 300 items of unexploded ordnance over the last year, according to the spokesperson.
Various festive events held across China to celebrate upcoming Chinese New Year
Hit epic drama sparks interest in lesser-studied chapter of ancient Chinese history
Lanterns hoisted to mark upcoming Chinese New Year in Hong Kong
"In-train fair" launched in NE China's Heilongjiang amid Spring Festival travel rush
点击右上角
微信好友
朋友圈

请使用浏览器分享功能进行分享
